Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 8am PST. This giveaway is now OVER. Sorry for the delay in picking a winner. Crazy busy here!!! The winner has been randomly chosen and contacted via email. Congratulations Megan!
Today’s review is “Duncan Hines Complete Cake Mix Magic“ by Jill Snider. You won’t believe the awesome recipes in this cookbook! I never knew you could make so many different desserts using store-bought cake mix! Wow!
“Duncan Hines Complete Cake Mix Magic” is written by Jill Snider, who is a bestselling cookbook author and a highly-respected food stylist and recipe developer. She has 25 years of experience as the Test Kitchen Manager of a major flour maker.
Jill has pulled together some of the easiest, most fabulous recipes in this book. Not only are there some spectacular cake recipes, but also cookies, cheesecakes, muffins, bars and squares. This is NOT a gluten-free cookbook, but many of the recipes can be modified using gluten-free cake mixes and ingredients!
Ok, now. I HAVE to show you this!
Chocolate Coffee Marble Cheesecake!
That cheesecake will be the FIRST dessert I’m making from this book!
Followed closely by these recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tower
- Caramel Cashew Cheesecake
- Hazelnut Rum Cake
- Rum Balls (yes. I like rum. )
- Pumpkin Pie Squares (Maybe for Thanksgiving?)
- Cinnamon Brunch Cake (For Christmas Morning?)
I’m really thrilled to be able to share a recipe from this great cookbook with you!
Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
This holiday cake is simple to make but very festive.
1 Package (18.5 oz/515g) Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1-1/3 cups milk
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 container (15 oz/450 g) ready-to-serve butter cream frosting
1/4 cup crushed candy canes
Whole small candy canes to decorate
* Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
* 13 by 9-inch (3L) cake pan, greased
- Cake: In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, milk, mayonnaise and peppermint extract. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Frosting: Stir crushed candy canes into frosting. Spread frosting over top of cake. Decorate with whole candy canes.
Tip: Crush leftover candy canes and stir into vanilla ice cream.
Would you like to win a copy?
I am happy to be able to give away one copy of “Duncan Hines Complete Cake Mix Magic” to one very lucky reader!
To enter this giveaway, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
You may garner additional entries by:
PLEASE LEAVE AN ADDITIONAL COMMENT BELOW FOR EACH ADDITIONAL ENTRY SO THAT I MAY COUNT YOU!!!
This giveaway will run from today (Friday, November 9, 2012) until Tuesday, October 13, 2012 at 5pm Pacific Time.
The winner will be notified via email.
Best of luck!!!